Hoi An, Vietnam. Sue Tsang, 2010.


Thursday 25 August 2011

Princess

At first it was kinda cute. I was in the kitchen making a cup of tea, and a grey cat comes along and sits on the window sill to say hi. Big eyes, just peeking in. I was happy to make friends. I tap on the window. Tap, tap. Tapping on the window like it's a fish tank. Tap, tap. Not really sure how to interact with this curious creature, it can't talk. Hello cat.

It's collar said, 'Hello, I'm new to the area. If I appear lost, please call ...'

We have a cat flap in our flat. We don't have a cat. There's a wee lock on it so we don't get random cats coming in for a party when we're all out at work. Anyways, the grey cat comes over to the cat flap and starts pawing at the flap. Tap, tap. I thought this was kinda cute but I was like you're not coming in pal. So it just sits there, and meows. It's collar had turned round now, Princess. Oh pal, just because you're name's Princess doesn't mean you can just come strolling in here! Silly cat. I laugh, and go away to drink my tea.

Princess will come by every couple of days just to say hi. Have a wee nosey. Watch me make my breakfast. My flatmates have no idea what I'm talking about, having never met the grey cat. I just wonder why it keeps coming back. No ones feeding in. What does it want?

Maybe trying to make pals cos we're both kinda new in town.

I'm not going to go around tapping on people's windows though.

Princess...

No comments:

Post a Comment