Hoi An, Vietnam. Sue Tsang, 2010.


Monday 29 August 2011

Monday

I was in a bad place
Oh Monday, you're just not my favourite
Blue. Boos. Monday.
Biggest weekend come down in ages
Monday blues, boo.
Oh, I'm speaking in metaphors
Metaphorical come down,
Not pharmaceutical. Gosh.
Crashing.
CRASHING, boo.

Finally.
Finally, finish work.

Home time.
Karangahape Road time

K Road makes me smile
I find myself smiling when I go down K Road
I find myself waiting for the green man a lot
On K Road
It was where Upper Queen Street meets
K Road, on K Road.
Through the crowd.
Through the crowd on K Road
My first Auckland accidentalchinesehipster
Through the crowd. Mid to late 40s
A red helmet. Orange, brown roots
Under a red helmet.
Dyed to cover the greys, obv
Mismatched denims
Not that matching would be better.
Flared jeans.
Flares, and a BMX bike at her side.

A BMX bike.

She was wheeling it along but
The helmet was strapped under her chin.
I think it was her bike.
I think it was her BMX bike.

I love you lady, you made my day
I love you K Road
I love you accidentalchinesehipsters.tumblr.com
I love you Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment