Hoi An, Vietnam. Sue Tsang, 2010.


Monday 20 June 2011

flip flops


Playing behind a waterfall in the Botanical gardens, Singapore

Rain rain rain wind rain wind wind rain rain. I don't know what it is but when it's raining I just want to hide inside.

I had the time of my life traveling through Asia. Flip flopping around. I got to Australia. Welcome to Australia. Thrown right back into the city- wow this is the first time I've worn shoes in 5 months, I thought. Very upsetting. Thrown back to the city, Melbourne, where girls walk around in high heels during the day. 20 something degrees. Crazy chat. No, not into that at all.

Of course the locals can get away with it. They are used to it.

Meanwhile, back to flip flops. So its rain rain raining. I pop my shoes in a bag, and wear my flips flops to walk into work. People are always like, ah your feet are getting wet. My feet are getting wet but they will dry once I get inside. If I wear shoes in the rain, my shoes are going to get wet, and my feet will be wet all day. All day, my brothers. Just think about that. Is that good stuff I'm sharing or just an idea that only makes sense to me?!?

I would loves boots but again not very practical for backpacking. Heavy. Welly boots are fun but not really socially acceptable in the city eh. Wee shame.

Don't say I'm not nice to you. Spread the word !

Flip flop tan lines

No comments:

Post a Comment